Blue & White

9/19/2016

That day was spent at the Discovery Mall in Kuta. I went there with the mission to buy a vibrant coloured nail polish, something like brunt orange or coral pink, but ended up not being able to find one and leaving the department store with a clear polish and another one that's pink and glittery (only to find out later at home that it didn't suit me).

Ever since I moved to Bali, this mall has become my go-to place, especially since the only Sephora store in Bali is here. Discovery is situated right on the beach and that day, the water cleared all the way back and the tide was low.

Somehow, I found that the outfit I wore coincided with the beach - simple with white and blue hues. It was getting gloomy by late afternoon but it didn't give me a reason to take my sunglasses off. My outfit was in need of a pop of colour and vibrancy to break the simple look.

I noticed that that's my kind of style; something simple but with a bit of edge. That edge could be an accessory I'm wearing, or some funky shoes, or a really cool top. As seen on my previous outfit post, I tied a bandana around my neck to freshen up the usual white-tee + denim shorts combo. Now it's a pair of bright red sunglasses. The denim culottes can also be a take on edgy styling, since it's not quite the usual pair of jeans I'd go for but I've been loving it for a change from shorts.

Photos taken by: @jessicajoenes

Get the look:

Bandeau: BAMBOO BLONDE // Denim culotte: STRADIVARIUS
Sunglasses: RAY-BAN // Shoes: Local brand (Can't find the name)

My picks:

Bandeau: 1 | 2 // Denim culotte: 1 | 2 // Shoes: 1 | 2

-xx-

Post Comment
Post a Comment